A Joint ACI-ICAO Professional Accreditation Programme
Airport management, as a profession, has been faced with growing pressure to establish ways and means of promoting its credibility and ensuring an appropriate degree of standardisation of related expertise globally. ACI and ICAO established a formal partnership to provide accessible, affordable and universally available specialised management training to the global airports community. This initiative gave birth to the Airport Management Professional Accreditation Programme (AMPAP).
Successful completion of the Programme leads to the issuance of the International Airport Professional (IAP) designation whose holders are recognised by ACI and ICAO as having achieved highly rigorous standards for expertise in the field of airport management.
IAP graduates who are willing to keep current on policies, standards, processes and challenges that face the industry will be eligible to have their efforts rewarded with the new IAP+ designation. Candidates will have to apply for accreditation by completing activities outlined in the guidelines.
For more information on this programme, please visit the AMPAP website.
AMPAP Elective Courses
- ACI-ICAO Aerodrome Certification
- ACI-ICAO Implementing Annex 14: Advanced Aerodrome Design and Operations
- ACI-ICAO Management of Airport Security
- ACI-ICAO User Charges
- Airline Management for Airport Professionals
- Airport Communications and Public Relations
- Airport Environmental Management
- Airport Executive Leadership Programme – AELP (two credits)
- Airport Human Resources Management
- Airport Revenue Generation
- Airport Safety Management Systems Implementation
- Developing a Customer Service Culture at Airports: Measuring and Benchmarking the Results
ACI AMPAP Fellowships
ACI has established the Airport Management Professional Accreditation Programme (AMPAP) fellowship programme to provide financial aid to qualified applicants from member airports of Least Developed Countries (UNCTAD list) and States to register for this programme.