Professional Certificate course, Airport Security Diploma, AMPAP Elective Course
Duration: 5 days
The ACI-ICAO Management of Airport Security course provides guidance to aviation security personnel at a managerial level on planning, coordinating and implementing airport security preventative measures and pro-active initiatives that are in accordance with national programs and airport industry best practices.
By the end of this course students will be able to:
- Evaluate options, benefits and disadvantages of outsourcing security activities
- Prepare budgetary estimates for financing AVSEC programs
- Analyze an airport emergency plan and develop security response actions necessary in security emergencies involving aircraft, terminal buildings and airport facilities
- Implement a training program for airport security and non-security staff
- Develop procedures and mechanisms for reporting and recording security incidents
- Set up and run an airport security committee
- Implement a risk and vulnerability assessment and review processes to prioritize and manage risks
- Airport managers and personnel with security responsibilities
- Suppliers and service providers with security responsibility at an airport (e.g., ground handlers, maintenance organization, cargo agents, catering, or airport security providers)
- Civil aviation security regulators
- The regulatory framework for airport security
- Development of aviation security programs and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Management of response to acts of unlawful interference, reporting and tracking
- Model framework of the components of an airport security program
- Best practices on the implementation of airport security programs
- Crisis communication and coordination with other airports, organizations and agencies
- Measuring results and implementing a quality management system
- Security training programs
- Risk and vulnerability assessment
- Intelligence gathering and relationships with agencies
This interactive course involves multiple simulation exercises on security planning and threat assessment in addition to managing simulated airport threats.
Pre-requisite for course registration
- Must hold a supervisory or management security position in a civil aviation airport
- Must have a minimum of one to two years’ experience in the field of airport security
This program is intended for security supervisors and managers nominated by a senior executive of their organization.
Complete these courses to get the Airport Security Diploma
The ACI Airport Security Diploma provides participants with a broad and detailed understanding of implementing and maintaining a security framework that complies with national and international regulations and airport industry best practices.
This course is part of the Airport Management Professional Accreditation Program (AMPAP)
ACI and ICAO established a formal partnership to provide accessible, affordable and universally available specialized management training to the global airports community. This initiative gave birth to the Airport Management Professional Accreditation Program (AMPAP).
Other Security Courses