Professional Certificate Course, *AMPAP Elective, Airport Finance Diploma
Duration: 5 days
This course, which is jointly delivered by ACI and ICAO, aims to provide a detailed understanding of the international policies applying to airport charges to develop, implement and manage a user charges policy, as well as specific charges/rates, compliant with international regulations and best practice.
The course reviews in detail the main recommendations adopted by the Conference on the Economics of Airports and Air Navigation Services (CEANS), held in Montreal in September 2008, the ninth edition of ICAO’s Policies on Charges for Airports and Air Navigation Services (Doc 9082), which was published in 2012, and the third edition of ICAO’s Airport Economics Manual (Doc 9562), which was published in 2013.
Upon completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Develop a user charges policy compliant with international recommendations and best practice
- Fully understand the position of ICAO, ACI and IATA regarding airport charges
- Apply user charges
- Analyse costs for key airport areas
- Establish cost bases for the calculation of airport charges
- Allocate all costs between airport services and functions
- Apply charging policies to achieve the objectives of the airport
- Accurately calculate charges for these services
- Calculate rates that achieve the best balance of generating revenue for the airport
- Develop a negotiating strategy to achieve airport business objectives
- Negotiate charges and rates.
- Airport General Manager/Executive Director
- Airport Financial Directors, Managers and staff
- Airport Marketing and Commercial Managers and staff
- Airport Investors, Airport Business Planners and Financial Analysts
- Civil Aviation Authorities/Regulators
- Part I: ICAO's Policies on Charges
- Part II: Cost Bases, Cost Allocation and Establishing Charges and Rates
- Part III: Consultation and Negotiation
|Member / WBP Price
|22-26 April 2024
|Amsterdam, The Netherlands | 9:00am - 5:00pm
|23-27 September 2024
|Montreal, Canada | 9:00am - 5:00pm
|21-25 October 2024
|Abu Dhabi, UAE | 9:00am - 5:00pm
Note: ACI-ICAO joint courses are excluded from any applicable discounts.
Complete these courses to get the Airport Finance Diploma
The ACI Airport Finance Diploma aims to provide participants a detailed understanding of the diversity of issues airports face in managing financial resources.
This course is part of the Airport Management Professional Accreditation Program (AMPAP)
ACI and ICAO established a formal partnership to provide accessible, affordable and universally available specialized management training to the global airports community. This initiative gave birth to the Airport Management Professional Accreditation Program (AMPAP).
Other Economics Courses