Many international airports are yet to be fully certified and many that are certified are unable to apply the Standards and Recommended Practices (SARPs) as laid out in ICAO Annex 14 — Aerodromes and the Manual on Certification of Aerodromes (Doc 9774). The objective of this course is to provide airport operators with the knowledge and skills required to practically apply and maintain the aerodrome certificate.
After having successfully completed this course, participants will be able to:
- identify the purpose, process, and requirements to obtain aerodrome certification
- identify the relevant ICAO documents and their purpose in aerodrome certification
- implement ICAO SARPs pertaining to aerodrome certification
- obtain “tips” from experts who have certified aerodromes
- participate with others from the industry in certification exercises
- Director/Manager Operations
- Airport Operations Supervisor
- Director/Manager Safety, Safety Supervisor/Officer
- Ground Movement Controller/Apron Controller
- Airside Maintenance Manager
- Director/Manager Ground Handling
- Airside Planner/Engineer
- Airport Authority Regulator
- International standards and regulations
- The aerodrome manual
- Aerodrome physical characteristics
- Safety management systems and emergency planning
- Documentation and record keeping
- Staff training and auditing; certification check list and process
- Case studies and live group exercises on the aerodrome
|Dates||Location||Member / WBP Price||Non-Member Price||Register|
|29 May - 02 June 2023||Virtual Classroom | UTC +8 HKG | 2:00pm - 6:00pm||US$2,000||US$2,000||Register|
|10-14 July 2023 (Spanish)||Virtual Classroom | UTC | 10:00am - 2:00pm||US$2,000||US$2,000||Register|
|17-21 July 2023||Virtual Classroom | UTC | 10:00am - 2:00pm||US$2,000||US$2,000||Register|
|25-29 September 2023||Montreal, Canada | 9:00am - 5:00pm||US$2,000||US$2,000||Register|
Note: ACI-ICAO joint courses are excluded from any applicable discounts.
This course is also available on demand in English, French and Spanish. To request more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This course is part of the Global ACI-ICAO Airport Safety Professional (ASP) Designation Program
ACI-ICAO ASP is the premier global designation program that leads to a unique and prestigious professional designation for airport safety professionals and civil aviation regulators.
This course is part of the Airport Management Professional Accreditation Program (AMPAP)
ACI and ICAO established a formal partnership to provide accessible, affordable and universally available specialized management training to the global airports community. This initiative gave birth to the Airport Management Professional Accreditation Program (AMPAP).
Other Safety Courses
*AMPAP and ASP electives