The goal of the course is to enable participants to support the implementation of the ICAO Annex 14, Volume 1 Standards and Recommended Practices (SARPs) in their aerodromes to achieve compliance. The course will utilize case studies for participants to practice implementation activities of Annex 14. This course will make use of relevant ICAO documentation such as Doc 9981: PANS-Aerodromes and will prepare the audience for the ACI-ICAO Aerodrome Certification course.
Upon completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Apply the ICAO Annex 14, Volume 1 SARPs for lighting, signs and markings on an aerodrome;
- Detail the aerodrome emergency planning process requirements;
- Detail the services needed to operate the aerodrome such as rescue and fire fighting, wildlife strike hazard reduction, and ground handling;
- Identify solutions to challenges presented regarding aerodrome design and operations, encountered in real life situations; and
- Manage non-compliance through safety assessment with reference to Doc 9981: PANS-Aerodromes
Participants should be involved in the aerodrome certification process in their capacities as:
- Airport Operations Management and Staff
- Airport Safety Director and staff
- Ground Movement Controller/Apron Controller
- Airside Maintenance Manager
- Director/Manager Service Providers
- Airside Planner/ Engineer
- Airport Authority Regulator
- Aerodrome Certification – Group Discussion
- Standards & Recommended Practices – Annex 14, Vol. 1
- Aerodrome design criteria
- Aerodrome data
- Aerodrome reference codes – aircraft type recognition
- Physical characteristics
- Declared distances
- Runways, taxiways and their associated areas
- Obstacle Limitation Surfaces (OLS)
- Visual Aids for navigation; aerodrome lighting, signs and markings
- Electrical systems
- Aerodrome operational services, equipment and installations
- Aerodrome maintenance
- Managing safety based on Doc 9981: PANS-Aerodromes using safety assessments
- Case studies and group exercises
Pre-requisite for course registration
Participants must have a fundamental understanding of ICAO Annex 14, Volume 1 either through successful completion of a course or through on-the-job experience.
Note: ACI-ICAO joint courses are excluded from any applicable discounts.
This course is part of the Global ACI-ICAO Airport Safety Professional (ASP) Designation Program
ACI-ICAO ASP is the premier global designation program that leads to a unique and prestigious professional designation for airport safety professionals and civil aviation regulators.
This course is part of the Airport Management Professional Accreditation Program (AMPAP)
ACI and ICAO established a formal partnership to provide accessible, affordable and universally available specialized management training to the global airports community. This initiative gave birth to the Airport Management Professional Accreditation Program (AMPAP).
Other Safety Courses
*AMPAP and ASP electives