Airport Security Diploma
Duration: 5 days
The ACI Airport Security Operations course provides students with an in-depth understanding of the role that the airport plays in aviation security and identify measures that are appropriate to participants’ threat environment.
By the end of this course students will be able to:
- Understand the challenges faced by airports regarding security and how to engage all stakeholders to increase awareness and improve the airport’s security
- Analyze security processes and facilities and develop solution-oriented methods for improvement
- Attain an understanding of the tools required to implement a quality management system
- Develop a process by which security measures can be implement at airports in accordance to their national and local regulations
- Create Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for specific Aviation Security tasks and understand the importance of maintain, storing and disseminating the document
- Airport managers and personnel with security and facilitation responsibilities
- Civil aviation security regulators
- Composition of an airport security program
- Assessing threats, risks and vulnerabilities
- Use of information and intelligence
- Importance of the security culture
- Protecting equipment
- Terminal design for security operations
- Protecting the landside
- Managing passenger flows for security
- Perimeter protection, surveillance equipment and patrolling
- Airport pass management, credentialing and background checks
- Measuring results and implementing a quality management system
This interactive course involves multiple simulation exercises on security planning and threat assessment in addition to managing simulated airport threats.
Pre-requisite for course registration
- Must hold a supervisory or management security position in a civil aviation airport
- Must have a minimum of one to two years’ experience in the field of airport security
This program is intended for security supervisors and managers nominated by a senior executive of their organization.
Complete these courses to get the Airport Security Diploma
The ACI Airport Security Diploma provides participants with a broad and detailed understanding of implementing and maintaining a security framework that complies with national and international regulations and airport industry best practices.
Other Security Courses