Professional Certificate Course, Global Safety Network Diploma
Duration: 5 days
This course takes an in depth look at Safety Management Systems (SMS) by describing the requirements and composition of an SMS. It also explains how to implement and improve Safety Management through Safety Monitoring, Training and Documentation. Delegates are introduced to the use of Aeronautical Studies in the aviation system and the management of safety through Hazard identification and Risk Assessment. Group exercises and case studies allow participants to apply what they learn and gain essential insights.
Upon completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate how an airports’ SMS can be improved
- Explain how to develop an Aeronautical Study / Safety Case
- Discuss the importance of creating a Safety Culture in Safety Management.
- Explain how Human Behaviour can effect Safety Management
- Explain how to promote Safety Awareness though Education and communication
- Airport Operations and Safety personnel
- Safety and Compliance Managers
- Duty Managers
- Aerodrome Inspectors and Regulators
- Ground Handling Managers
- Health and Safety Personnel
- ICAO Safety SARPs
- Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Human Factors in Safety Management
- Safety Performance and measurement
- Team Management – Interaction in the Workplace
- Profit before Safety ?
- Managing Safety through Risk Assessment
- Aeronautical Studies – Introduction
- Development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)