Short Tutorial Course
Delivery: Virtual Classroom
Duration: 1 day (4 hours)
This course is targeted to executives engaged in the civil aviation administration, airport planning, and air navigation services domains. The course discusses the needs to comply with evolving needs and implementing appropriate elements of the ICAO Global Air Navigation Plan and means to do so in a cost-effective manner.
Upon completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the concepts underpinning the ICAO Global Air Navigation Plan (GANP).
- Explain the evolution and purpose of the GANP.
- Explain how to choose the appropriate elements of the GANP to meet national and regional objectives.
- Civil Aviation Authority management and executive personnel
- Military authorities
- Airport planners
- Airport Operations Directors and Managers
- Airspace users: pilots, unmanned aircraft (drone) operators, airline staff
- Air Navigation Service Provider managers
- Civil aviation environment
- Airspace users and the air traffic management community
- The ICAO way of doing business
- Introduction to strategic objectives
- Global Air Navigation Plan basics (GANP)
- Introduction to operational requirements
- How to use the GANP as a menu to pick appropriate and cost-effective operational improvement investments