Pacific Northwest Region Airports
Closing date: November 30, 2021
The AECOM Transportation Business Line is actively seeking an Aviation Project Manager for the Pacific Northwest Region Airports in Seattle, Washington.
At AECOM, we believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
We take on the most complex challenges and pioneer innovative, iconic solutions that push the limits of what’s possible – the world’s longest cable-stayed bridge, record-breaking sports events, the largest greenfield port development mega project, life-sustaining disaster recovery programs, and the tallest tower in the Western Hemisphere.
On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, energy and the environment, we deliver professional services throughout the project lifecycle.
We are proud to be recognized for excellence:
- Named one of Fortune magazine’s “World’s Most Admired Companies” for the sixth consecutive year
- Ranked #1 in Engineering News-Record’s 2020 “Top 200 Environmental Firms”
- Ranked #1 in Transportation and General Building in Engineering News-Record’s 2020 “Top 500 Design Firms”
- VIQTORY 2020 Military Friendly® Gold Employer
About DCS — Transportation
As populations grow, so do demands for safe, expedient and cost-effective transportation. Our Transportation business line partners with clients around the world to build, modernize and expand transportation infrastructure and deliver advanced mobility solutions to carry our communities into the future — safely, equitably and reliably.
We combine our extensive planning, design, construction and asset management experience with advanced technologies and innovations to help our public and private clients restore or replace their aging transportation infrastructure, and find smarter, more effective ways to move people and goods across our cities, countries and continents.
Our integrated approach and social responsibility have earned us the trust of local municipalities, government agencies, commercial clients and public-private partnerships. Our expertise and global reach enable us to deliver high-quality solutions for our clients that pave the way for long-lasting benefits to society.
- The Project Manager will report to the Senior Project Manager. Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Performing a wide array of aviation-related civil design, planning, construction support, and client management services for General Aviation and Commercial Air Service Airports
- Plan, direct, and monitor all aspects of small and large multi-discipline projects involving design of airport engineering projects including runways, taxiways, aprons, vehicle service roads, airfield lighting and signage installation, navigational aids, drainage improvements, utility relocation and protection, and pavement rehabilitation.
- Mentor and develop staff, provide leadership and an environment which encourages teamwork, initiative and growth.
- Guide project teams on complex technical issues.
- Supervision, coordination, and production of several projects concurrently.
- Builds and maintains positive client relationships.
- Involved in marketing/business development including ability to market and win work.
- Develop strategy, prepare proposals, negotiate contracts, and execute projects.
- Coordinate staffing plan and workload though the entire project development duration while meeting project schedules and budgets.
- Control overall project cost and scope, schedule, and quality of work.
- Implement project QA/QC and work with Finance & Accounting, Controller, Department Manager, or Managing Principles for project reviews.
- Preparation of engineering design reports, project definition documents, construction plans, and contract documents / technical specifications
- Significant design and construction oversight for multiple aviation clients
Minimum Requirements :
- Collaborating and/or coordinating design teams consisting of multi-discipline design engineers and technicians.
- Coordination with clients, funding agencies, FAA and local
- Bachelor’s degree + 6 years of related experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
- PE license
Preferred Qualifications :
- Bachelors of Science – Civil Engineering plus 8 years of relevant experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and / or education.
- Professional Engineer License in WA
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience including 8 years of project management in the aviation market sector.
- Available to travel to clients and projects in the Pacific Northwest region
- Experience with project’s value of more than $5 million is preferred
- Proven ability to perform in a management capacity
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Thorough knowledge of industry practices and regulations
- Knowledgeable of current technology and its effective use on the project
Please send resumes to Denise.Dwyer@Aecom.com