Austin-Bergstrom International Airport
Closing date: October 27, 2021
AUS has an opportunity for an Airport Duty Manager position in our Operations Divisions. Under general direction, this position oversees the day-to-day operations of the airport, including airfield, terminal, and landside, during an operational shift. Provides supervision and direction to operations staff who are responsible for providing a safe and secure environment for the traveling public, Austin-Bergstrom International Airport (AUS), City of Austin employees, and neighboring communities by recognizing and responding to violations of Local, State, and Federal laws and ordinances. Looking for an energetic, flexible, and dependable individual who is interested in joining our team.
- Overseeing all shift activities including the coordination and monitoring of all functions to ensure work is performed in a consistent manner with airport policies, procedures, and regulations, and in accordance with airport standards and to ensure the safety and security of passengers, tenants, and employees.
- Representing the City on boards, commissions, meetings, etc. and Airport Management in all aspects of airport operations.
- Ensuring the operational efficiency and safety of the airport by performing standard safety and security inspections of the aircraft operating area and terminal facilities in compliance with applicable FAA and TSA regulations/directives and airport rules and regulations and directs necessary responses and corrective actions for all deficiencies noted during inspections.
- Coordinating the airport’s response to critical incidents, irregular operations (IRROPS), and emergencies and provides resolutions to problems/issues.
- Monitoring and inspecting airport activities, properties, and facilities. Monitoring the performance of airlines, tenants, concessionaires, and others to ensure their adherence to airport rules and regulations.
- Coordinating scheduling, scope of work, and safety issues with stakeholders on all construction and maintenance projects to ensure minimal operational disruption and monitors all construction activity to address safety and customer satisfaction concerns.
- Serving as liaison between the Airport and contractors during construction activities; coordinates and directs maintenance and construction work on runways, taxiways, aprons, and terminal facilities; ensures safety and security are maintained during these activities; and issues Notice to Airmen (NOTAMS) to advise all concerned parties of airfield conditions.
- Monitoring and approving the use of shared-use equipment including gates, ticket counters, jet bridges, and baggage carousels to ensure critical equipment is available during irregular operations and emergencies.
- Providing direction and instruction on resolving critical incidences/situations, operational activities, security-related activity, security breaches, and violations of rules and regulations, etc.
- Responding to and managing the Department Operations Center (DOC) during emergencies; serves as incident commander. Prepares and communicates a variety of airport operational advisories and notifications to air carriers, general aviation operators, air traffic control, tenants, governmental agencies, and airport users.
- Reviewing and maintaining records and operational logs and prepares reports and correspondence.
- Investigating complaints, issues, concerns, and inquiries and providing recommendations for resolution
We are looking for a true leader who is committed to operational excellence. Here at Austin-Bergstrom International Airport, we strive to be the Airport of choice for Central Texas and to connect our community to the world with an Austin-Style Experience. Visit our website at www.austincityjobs.org (to apply) and www.austintexas.gov/airport for more information. We offer a competitive salary, a complete benefits package, and free parking.
Graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in criminal justice, aviation management, airway science, public administration, business administration, or in a field related to the job, plus four (4) years of experience in airport security, terminal airport operations, or airside airport operations, including two (2) years of experience which were in a leadership/supervisory capacity. Experience may substitute for one (1) year of the required education up to a maximum of four (4) years.
Licenses or Certifications: Valid State of Texas Class “C” Driver License
- Experience working at a medium or large-hub airport in Airside, Terminal, or Landside Operations both in regular and irregular operations (IROPS).
Please apply at https://www.austincityjobs.org/postings/92543