Professional Certificate Course
Duration: 3 days
This course provides participants with a comprehensive overview of the key principles to follow to effectively manage wildlife hazard and the habitat at their aerodrome. The course reviews the latest developments in methods and techniques, technology and equipment, and investigates the safety measures to adopt regarding wildlife and habitat management as part of an aerodrome’s Safety Management System (SMS).
Upon completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify common types of wildlife hazards at aerodromes.
- Describe the latest equipment, methods and techniques to manage wildlife hazards at aerodromes.
- Give examples of industry best practices and their application at their aerodrome.
- Explain how to minimize wildlife hazard attractants.
- Analyze and record trends and patterns in wildlife management.
- Airport Operations Directors, Managers, Officers and staff
- Airport Emergency Managers, Officers and staff
- Airport Safety Managers, Officers and staff
- Wildlife managers and staff
- Civil Aviation Authority officials
- Roles and responsibilities - State and aerodrome
- Hazard and risk analysis
- Wildlife and habitat control
- Aerodrome topography and habitat management
- Operational practices and training requirements
- Wildlife and habitat evaluation of effectiveness
Other Safety Courses
*AMPAP and ASP electives