Professional Certificate Course
Duration: 3 days
Airport’s today are market-driven requiring a business-oriented organization. This course examines
all aspects of business performance, from development of the organization’s strategic plan through
air service development, aeronautical fee management, and commercial revenue maximization to
management and control of both capital and operational programs.
Upon completing this course, participants will:
- Understand the market, competitive, and business organizational challenges faced by airports.
- Know the importance of driving all aspects of airport planning, operations, marketing and capital
development from the foundation of a sound strategic plan.
- Understand how an effective air service development program will contribute to growth and
enhanced services to passengers and cargo operators.
- Be able to review the structure and level of aeronautical fees to determine if they are consistent
with ICAO recommended practices, adjusted for local conditions in order to optimize airline revenue
outcomes and manage related service levels.
- Understand how to effectively plan for concession and other non-aeronautical revenue programs to
deliver optimal revenues.
- Understand the challenges and demands faced by airports to deal with evolving airline business
models (e.g. low cost carriers, premium service providers).
- Know how effective facility planning and capital program management can contain costs while
delivering appropriate levels of service for each market segment.
- Airport General Manager/Executive/Finance/Commercial/Development Director and staff
- Airport Consultants
- Airlines/other business partners (cargo/airport service providers, concession managers, etc.)
- Driving from the top - the importance of strategic planning and action
- Air service development to maximize service
- Managing aeronautical revenues
- Using level of service to guide facility and operational planning
- Effective management of full-service, Low Cost Carriers (LCC), and premium airline operations
- Managing the capital and operational programs through airport investment life cycle
- Integrating business and people-management elements into an overall strategy
|Dates||Location||Member / WBP Price||Non-Member Price|