Professional Certificate Course, *AMPAP Elective
Duration: 5 days
ICAO’s International Standards and Recommended Practices (SARPs) detailed in Annex 14 and Doc 9774, state that all aerodromes should be certified by the State and licensed for use. This course explains the certification process applied by State regulators and what aerodromes must do to not only become “certified” but to remain certified as traffic grows and the aerodrome expands to accommodate future traffic demand.
Upon completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the rationale for Aerodrome Certification.
- Apply procedures developed in accordance with ICAO requirements.
- Apply “tips” from certification experts.
- Explain how certification enhances safety and brings efficiency.
- Airport Operations Directors, Managers, Officers and Staff
- Airport Construction and Engineering Directors, Managers and Staff
- Airport Emergency Managers, Officers and Staff
- Airport Safety Managers, Officers and Staff
- Airport Public Affairs and Communications, Directors, Managers and Staff
- Airline Officials
- Civil Aviation Authority Officials
- International standards and regulations
- The aerodrome manual
- Aerodrome physical characteristics
- Safety management systems and emergency planning
- Documentation and record keeping
- Staff training and auditing; certification check list and process
- Case studies and live group exercises on the aerodrome