Winners of Amadeus and ACI World Technology Innovation Awards announced
Inaugural edition of awards celebrates technology innovation as the industry rebuilds
Cancun, 23 November 2021 – During the Airports Council International (ACI) LAC/World Annual General Assembly, Conference, and Exhibition today, ACI World and Amadeus have announced the winners of the Amadeus and ACI World Technology Innovation Awards, showcasing industry-leading technology initiatives and leadership by airports.
With this first edition of the awards Amadeus and ACI World seek to recognize the many innovative solutions deployed by member airports as they keep up with a fast-changing environment and prioritize the changing needs of passengers—particularly as the sector rebuilds.
A panel of external industry experts evaluated submissions received from airports around the world and determined the winner in each category:
- Best innovation in airport passenger related processes: Hong Kong International Airport – Single Token Journey
- Best innovation in airport operations and installations management: Frankfurt Airport (Fraport) – Luggage Recognition Artificial Intelligence
- Best airport innovation leader (individual): Mr. Dave Wilson, Director, Airport Innovation at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport
“We were pleased to partner with Amadeus to show how airports are leveraging technology innovation to improve their operations and overall customer experience,” ACI World Director General Luis Felipe de Oliveira said.
“Crisis can bring about opportunity and many airports responded to the unprecedented challenge of COVID-19 with incredible innovation and determination. These winners are a testament to this, and we thank all those who submitted excellent initiatives for these awards.
“As the industry continues on its path of recovery, technology innovation and collaboration will be key components to rebuilding a better, more sustainable, and resilient industry—while always keeping customers at the centre of their business.”
Elena Avila, EVP Airport IT and Airline Operations Amadeus said: “As airports and airlines continue to rebuild from the impact of COVID-19 many have taken the opportunity to place the passenger experience at the heart of recovery through accelerating technology innovation. Amadeus congratulates all award winners and contestants for recognizing there can be opportunity in adversity. Our industry stands on the verge of a once-in-a-generation digital transformation as technologies like biometrics, cloud and artificial intelligence combine to revolutionise the passenger experience.”
NOTES FOR EDITORS
1. Read more about the winning submissions of the Amadeus and ACI World Technology Innovation Awards.
2. Airports Council International (ACI), the trade association of the world’s airports, was founded in 1991 with the objective of fostering cooperation among its member airports and other partners in world aviation, including the International Civil Aviation Organization, the International Air Transport Association and the Civil Air Navigation Services Organization. In representing the best interests of airports during key phases of policy development, ACI makes a significant contribution toward ensuring a global air transport system that is safe, secure, customer-centric and environmentally sustainable. As of January 2021, ACI serves 701 members, operating 1933 airports in 183 countries.
3. Travel powers progress. Amadeus powers travel. Amadeus’ solutions connect travellers to the journeys they want through travel agents, search engines, tour operators, airlines, airports, hotels, cars and railways.
We have developed our technology in partnership with the travel industry for over 30 years. We combine a deep understanding of how people travel with the ability to design and deliver the most complex, trusted, critical systems our customers need. We help connect over 1.6 billion people a year to local travel providers in over 190 countries.
We are one company, with a global mindset and a local presence wherever our customers need us.
Our purpose is to shape the future of travel. We are passionate in our pursuit of better technology that makes better journeys.
Amadeus is an IBEX 35 company, listed on the Spanish Stock Exchange under AMS.MC. The company has been recognized by the Dow Jones Sustainability Index for the last eight years.
To find out more about Amadeus, visit www.amadeus.com.
Telephone: +1 514 373 1254
Telephone: +34 699 854 493