AUS has an opportunity for several Airport Operations Specialist positions in our Operations Divisions. These positions will implement the airport self-inspection program, research regulations and other requirements, investigate incidents, write reports, conduct training, conduct escorts of contractors and visitors, monitor ramp activity, update Airport Operations Data Base/Resource Management System (AODB/RMS)including; aircraft movements, on/off block times and managing day-to-day changes in ticket counters, and monitor/change Flight Information Data System. Looking for an energetic, flexible, and dependable individual who is interested in joining our team.
- Prevent introduction of weapons, bombs, explosives, and other devices, by performing frequent patrolling of airport property and surrounding areas, conducting safety and security training, responding immediately to airport security breaches and alarm violations.
- Inspect facilities and ensures safe operating conditions
- Enforces federal, state, and local laws, regulations, and ordinances by issuing citations, warnings, notice of violations, and conducting inspections.
- Monitor airport activities, inspects airport property and facilities and uses security tools and equipment and processes to identify and deter potential threat elements.
- Respond to medical, fire, hazardous materials, disturbances, security violations, aircraft alerts and crashes, burglaries, alarms, and other emergencies as necessary and implements emergency plans.
- Investigate accident scenes to include, interviewing suspects and witnesses, following-up on accidents/incidents by contacting witnesses, gathering and sharing information, etc.
- Provide training and classroom instructions on a variety of subjects relating to airport operations and security. Writes technical reports.
- Recommend improvements to supervisors and management.
- Provide customer service to the general and traveling public, Austin-Bergstrom International Airport and City of Austin Employees, other governmental agencies by performing duties such as providing escort services
Here at Austin-Bergstrom International Airport, we strive to be the Airport of choice for Central Texas and to connect our community to the world with an Austin-Style Experience. Visit our website at www.austincityjobs.org (to apply) and www.austintexas.gov/airport for more information. We offer a competitive salary, a complete benefits package, and free parking.
Graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Criminal Justice, Aviation Management, Airway Science, Public Administration, Business Administration, or related field OR four (4) years of experience in the U.S. Military Services, peace officer, airport operations, or other security related field.
Any combination of the above. Licenses or Certifications: Valid Texas Class “C” Driver’s License. Must be able to pass a criminal background check and obtain and maintain federally mandated security clearances required to work at an airport.
Demonstrated experience in airfield operations or airfield maintenance on a Part 139 airport, or working for an FBO or airline ramp operations, or as an Air Traffic Controller with flight training or FAA certified pilot rating
Please submit a completed application at https://www.austincityjobs.org/postings/93135
*Incomplete applications will not be accepted.