How it works
ACI coordinates and dispatches an ACI Security Review Team of experts to the host airport, with the goal of improving security in specific areas of interest.
Upon request from the host airport, APEX in Security can provide a Security Review of any safety area.
A review will usually include a wide range of security key areas as listed below, which could be tailored to the host airport’s environment and needs. The review will also be tailored to the regulatory environment, depending on the areas for which the airport has responsibility.
Security areas include
Organizational Set Up; Compliance; Documentation; Risk Management
Perimeter Protection; Terminal Design; Access Control; Screening Facilities and Equipment
Recruitment and Selection; Credentialing and Background Checks; Training; Sub-Contractor Management
Passenger and Cabin Baggage Screening; Hold Baggage Screening; Staff Screening; Guarding and Patrolling; Incident and Crisis Management
Security Culture; Internal Auditing; Reporting and Monitoring; Continuous Improvement
Host airport benefits
- Enhances levels of security through increased knowledge of ICAO guidance, national regulatory standards, best practices and training needs/options
- Provides thorough understanding of its own security performance
- Identifies areas for improved efficiency and better use of resources
- Allows access to a pool of expertise, facilitating the mitigation of any security gaps as required by its specific operating environment
- Initiates a cycle of continuous improvement
DISCLAIMER: The APEX ProgrammesTM, and associated programs APEX in SafetyTM and APEX in SecurityTM and all content and material related thereto (the "APEX IP") are the proprietary information and intellectual property of Airports Council International ("ACI") and are protected internationally under trademark laws. ACI and its subcontractors, consultants and service providers are the sole entities authorized to perform onsite safety and security assessments on airport premises with the APEX IP. Any unauthorized use of the APEX IP, other than as specifically authorized by prior written permission of ACI, is strictly prohibited, may cause irreparable harm to ACI, and may render you liable for monetary damages, an accounting of profits, and legal or other costs.