Reports to: Director, Airport Technology and Innovation
The Product Manager, Airport Technology Solutions leads the development, maintenance, go-to market and lifecycle of specific operational solutions that ACI World deploys for the benefit of the aviation community. The Manager is responsible for end-to-end product management, from engaging with external third parties and contracted vendors, relationship management with all of ACI World’s clients, business development as-well as overall project management for the solutions deployed.
2. Primary Responsibilities
- Be the subject matter expert for ACI World’s technological solutions to the aviation community.
- Be accountable for the management of various work programs with third party vendors.
- Project manage proof of concepts and large rollouts in collaboration with third party vendors.
- Compile a strategic roadmap for the rollout of new technology solutions to the aviation community.
- Ensure the on-boarding of new clients through business development initiatives.
- Develop practical ACI guidance documents to support onboarding new clients.
- Be accountable for relationship management to ACI’s clients, including client satisfaction and retainment.
- Ensure budgets are tightly controlled and ensure cost control measures across the product lifecycle.
- Ensure Service Level Agreements are closely monitored across ACI’s technology solutions.
- Provide industry analysis of airport technology solutions.
- Support the work of the Airport Technology and Innovation Team in the wider strategy of deploying best practices to ACI airport members.
- Engage with the ACI World Airport IT Standing Committee members and support the implementation of its work plan
- Draft articles for publications, the ACI Insights Blog and other communication means.
- Carry out other duties as assigned.
Cross organization and department support
- Where possible, provide technical expertise and support across the Safety, Security and Operations Department in other areas such as Facilitation and Passenger Services.
- Provide technical expertise and support across the organization as needed.
- Assist in ACI advisory opportunities by providing technical expertise as appropriate.
- Support ACI events, in particular in the domains of Airport Technology and Innovation.
- Liaise with other industry groups in coordination with relevant departments across the range of industry associations
- Represent ACI and provide subject matter expertise in industry groups as needed and in coordination with relevant
3. Minimum Qualifications
- University degree in a technical or business domain, such as aviation, engineering, planning, business development, Information Technology or equivalent.
- IT or Technical knowledge of solutions such as Application Program Interfaces.
- Desirable: supplementary airport or aviation-related professional qualification.
Experience/Years and Type
- Experience in product management of technology solutions including API interfaces.
- Experience in project management.
- Experience in business development.
- Experience in client and vendor relationship management.
- Highly desirable, cross sectoral airport operations experience (airside, airspace, terminal, security, facilitation, etc.)
- Highly desirable: Knowledge of Airport IT infrastructure
- Desirable: experience in data analysis and data science
Skills and Abilities
- Well-developed technical writing and spoken English skills.
- Pro-active, collegial, tactful, diplomatic, and discreet in all dealings.
- Ability to establish and maintain good relationships with ACI clients and service providers.
- Ability to establish and maintain good relationships with ACI staff members.
- Ability to develop close working relationships with ACI Regional Offices.
- Ability to work in a service-orientated culture, delivering excellent service levels to ACI members.
- Ability to conduct analysis of data and create data dashboards.
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Ability to communicate in a welcoming, effective, and dynamic manner.
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver.
- Ability to understand interdependencies, sensitivity, and strategic relationships between different areas of expertise in aviation.
- Ability to develop negotiations skills and present highly technical solutions understandable to all levels.