Reports to: (Interim) Director, Communications
Duration: Permanent position
Reporting to the (Interim) Director, Communications, the Manager, Publications and Communications, plays a central role in the deployment of ACI World’s publications and communications strategies. Working in collaborations with various internal and external stakeholders, this role is responsible for the timely production of ACI World publications and various editorial.
I. Major Functions Responsibilities:
- Manage the production portion of ACI World’s publication schedule to ensure that that the agreed timelines are adhered to and production deadlines are met.
- Play a coordinating role in the production of all ACI World publications including: seeking quotes, processing POs and invoices, liaising with vendors for editing and design, liaising with subject matter experts, and delivering final products.
- Edit certain publications and proof edit all publications, both in the editing and design phases.
- Develop and maintain consistency of brand design and content quality.
- Prepare monthly and yearly reports on publications and other communications channels as requested.
- Manage the ACI World Publications inbox – ensuring timely customer service.
- In liaison with the (Interim) Director, Communications, play a coordinating, editing, and design role in the ACI Insights blog by helping to establish the editorial calendar, realizing interviews, coordinating with guest writers, writing articles and promoting the blog across ACI World’s communications channels.
- Contribute to the drafting of media releases, key messages, briefing material, speaking engagement, articles and other communications and marketing collateral.
- Maintain an up-to-date ACI World Style Guide and help educate internal staff.
- Support Communications and Marketing department activities as requested.
II. Qualification and Skills
- Higher education, preferably with specialization in communications, literature, or journalism
- Expert level editing, writing and proofreading with both speed and quality being vital for success in this role
- Excellent English skills, with clear writing style is essential
- Additional languages: French, Spanish, for example, a
- Knowledge of the aviation industry preferred
- Knowledge of desktop publishing activities (using the Adobe Creative Suite)
- Knowledge of WordPress
- Teamwork skills, but with ability to work independently and assume full responsibility for assigned tasks
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Ability to assimilate large amounts of complex information into an easy-to- understand format tailored to a wide range of audiences
IV. ACI World Values
Candidate must possess and exhibit ACI World values:
- Member focus
Should this position interest you, please send your resume and cover letter (including salary expectations) to email@example.com. Applicants may undergo testing through written examinations.