Short Tutorial Course
Duration: 1 day (4 hours)
Did you know that there are 11 Standards in ICAO Annex 17 that specifically require security measures to be implemented based on a risk assessment? And that all these Standards impact airport operations, including six that require an airport to conduct its own risk assessments?
Conducting an aviation security risk assessment is a fundamental skill that all aviation security professionals must have. The ability to assess risk, and put in place appropriate and proportionate measures to mitigate against it, ensures that the aviation security measures in place are effective, not just in terms of achieving an optimal security outcome, but also in terms of minimizing costs and meeting national and international regulatory requirements.
This half-day virtual course is designed to give participants an entry level understanding of the risk assessment and risk management process, and provide them with some user-friendly tools they can use to conduct basic risk assessments in their own operating environment
Upon completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the basic concepts of security risk management
- Gain a general understanding of the ICAO requirements for risk assessment
- Describe how to conduct a risk assessment; and
- Explain how to use the results of a risk assessment to implement or adjust aviation security measures.
- Airport managers and personnel with security and facilitation responsibilities
- Civil aviation security regulators