Professional Certificate Course
Delivery: Classroom / Virtual
Duration: 3 days (4 hours/day)
ICAO considers the implementation of risk-based security measures for several domains of Annex 17. This requirement is reflected in many national regulations. To assist its members in this new approach, ACI issued in 2020 an “airport security risk assessment handbook”.
In line with this publication, this workshop is providing practical guidance for the implementation at local level of a risk management system. It details and clarifies the methodology used by international stakeholders to assess risk and highlights key challenges for an efficient aviation security management based on risk.
At the end of the session, participants will be able to :
- Define precisely the terms : risk, threat and vulnerability;
- Map the roles and responsibilities of the administrations and operators in the implementation of a risk based airport security governance;
- Identify the main challenges for the implementation of such an approach at local level;
- Apply the risk assessment methodology promoted at international level in the field of aviation security.
This workshop is aimed at airport security directors or managers in charge of the development of security programs but also any directors or manager in charge of risk management.
The following points will be developed during the workshop :
- Aviation security and Risk management basics;
- Airport security risk overview in 2021 (including emerging threats)
- Risk management requirements in aviation security;
- Risk assessment methodology presentation;
- Group exercise.
|Dates||Location||Member / WBP Price||Non-Member Price|
Other Security Courses