Professional Certificate Course
Duration: 3 days
This course introduces the technical aspects of the Airport Master Plan. The development of technically sound plans for airport development requires a careful balance between safety / security objectives, operational effectiveness that serves airlines, passengers and cargo clientele, and which also enables a return on investment for the airport owner.
Upon completing this course, participants will be enable to:
- Review the different technical elements of the Master Plan.
- Understand the ICAO standards and recommended practices that drives the entire airport development process.
- Examine evolving airline business models and challenges to match service levels with customer expectations.
- Understand potential airport sub-system innovations (e.g. multi-modal transportation) and future challenges (e.g. security systems).
- Identify the different methodologies for determining the airport capacity and related supply options.
- Address the growing importance of sustainability and environmental impacts associated with airport growth and change.
- Senior Airport Management with oversight responsibilities for their Airport Master Plan.
- Airfield and Terminal Planners and Project Team members
- National Regulatory Officials
- City and Town Planners
- Team members from Financial Organisations who are involved in Airport Developments
- Definition and understanding of the technical aspects of an Airport Master Plan
- Understand methodologies for determining airport capacity
- Physical planning for all airport sub-systems including airfield, passenger and cargo terminals, support and utility services, commercial and business related activities, ground / marine transportation, and integration with off-site development requirements
- Introduction of airport innovation, sustainability and environmental impact assessment
- The role of technical simulation in airport case study analysis
- Determine capital / operating costs and revenue potential for various airport design options
- Review multiple examples of technical aspects of best-practice Master Plans