2020’s Global Summit will be held in Kraków, Poland from 7 to 10 September
Bali, 5 September 2019 – As the 2019 Customer Experience Global Summit drew to a successful conclusion in Bali, Indonesia today, Airports Council International (ACI) World announced that next year’s event will be held in partnership with Kraków Airport in Kraków, Poland.
This year, PT Angkasa Pura I (Persero) was the first host of this event from the Asia-Pacific region and, similarly, Kraków Airport will be the first European host.
Hundreds of industry leaders, speakers, and delegates representing some of the world’s leading airports will again come together to explore industry best practices in delivering a high-quality experience for customers at airports.
“The ACI Customer Experience Global Summit provides an opportunity for our industry to share ideas, celebrate success, and recognise the top airport performers and we look forward to working with Kraków Airport to bring this event to Europe for the first time,” ACI World Director General Angela Gittens said.
“Delivering excellence in the customer experience and satisfaction continues to develop as one of the most important business tools for airports as they seek an edge in an increasingly competitive market.
“Our global summit has become one the most important dates on the international aviation calendar for airports and their partners and provides an invaluable resource to help them meet the higher levels of service passengers are demanding.”
Kraków Airport Chief Executive Officer Radoslaw Włoszek said, “Kraków Airport is the biggest regional airport in Poland, projected to serve nearly 8 million passengers in 2019. More than 130 direct connections offered by both legacy and low-cost carriers, modern infrastructure, and a high standard of service, places Kraków Airport among the European leaders in the group of airports serving 5-10 million passengers a year. Receiving the ACI World Airport Customer Experience Accreditation motivates Kraków Airport to continue our development.
“We are happy to be the host of the 3rd ACI Customer Experience Global Summit 2020. It is a real honour, not only for our airport but also for all of the Polish aviation sector, and a special distinction for the city of Kraków and the whole region of Małopolska, famous across the globe for their tourist, business and academic potential. I believe that the stay in Kraków during the 3rd ACI Customer Experience Global Summit 2020 will be inspirational for all participants in the conference. By sharing our knowledge and experience, we will contribute to the development of the aviation industry and initiate new business relations.”
The event will comprise an international Airport Service Quality (ASQ) Forum and training day for ASQ participating airports, a Customer Excellence Global Summit, and the gala dinner featuring the celebratory annual ASQ Awards ceremony, as well as the Airport Customer Experience Accreditation ceremony.
ACI’s The Airport Service Quality (ASQ) customer experience group provides airports with a 360-degree view of customer experience management with a unique suite of solutions. ACI helps close to 400 airports worldwide to manage and deliver the best experience for their customers, based on a proven expertise in airport operations, marketing research and customer experience management and delivery.
Notes for editors
- Airports Council International (ACI), the trade association of the world’s airports, was founded in 1991 with the objective of fostering cooperation among its member airports and other partners in world aviation, including the International Civil Aviation Organization, the International Air Transport Association and the Civil Air Navigation Services Organization. In representing the best interests of airports during key phases of policy development, ACI makes a significant contribution toward ensuring a global air transport system that is safe, secure, efficient and environmentally sustainable. As of January 2019, ACI serves 646 members, operating 1,960 airports in 176 countries.
- Kraków Airport is the biggest regional airport in Poland, projected to serve nearly 8 million passengers in 2019. Kraków Airport’s route network includes more than 130 direct connections to 4 continents (Europe, Asia, North America and Africa), offered by 24 carriers. It is one of the fastest-growing airports in Europe in the segment of airports serving between 5 and 10 million passengers. Kraków Airport is a member of Airport Council International. In 2017, it won ASQ Awards 2016 from Airport Council International for the improvement of customer service quality, and a UBM nomination for the World Routes Marketing Awards.
- More information on the second annual ACI Customer Experience Global Summit.
- More information on the ACI’s Airport Service Quality programme.
- More information on ACI’s Airport Customer Experience Accreditation programme.
Manager, External Relations and Special Events
Telephone: +1 514 373 1254
Telephone: +1 514 373 1200