Professional Certificate Course, *AMPAP Elective
Duration: 5 daysThe complex nature of an airport requires managers to have the capacity to resolve multifaceted issues.
This course enables participants to create a high performance airport organisation and culture by
developing human resource (HR) strategies consistent with business strategy and developing the key leadership skills necessary to manage upcoming changes and challenges.
Upon completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe Human Resource Management (HRM) as a strategic activity.
- Explain how HRM contributes to the business strategy and organisational performance of airports.
- Describe the strategic role of HR in a changing airport environment and its relevance to creating a high performance airport culture and ethos.
- Explain why senior managers, line managers and the HR function must work together for success.
- Explain key HRM concepts such as leadership development, employer branding, psychological contract,
- employee engagement, talent management, cultural change, diversity and mental toughness.
- Discuss and review best practices in organisation design, performance management, attraction and recruitment, selection, development and training, motivation and retention, employee relations, leadership, organisational and individual change.
- Senior Airport Managers
- HR managers at all levels
- Departmental Managers
- High Potential Staff aspiring to Leadership Roles
- An overview of airport business strategy in a changing world.
- Approaches to HRM: role of line and HR.
- Organisation design and assessment.
- Performance management.
- Attracting staff, employer branding, recruitment and selection.
- Development, training, talent management, managing diversity.
- Leadership development and leadership competences.
- Engagement, communication, conversation skills.
- Strategic change management.
* This course can be taken as an elective for the Airport Management Professional Accreditation Programme (AMPAP)