Professional Certificate Course, *AMPAP Elective
Duration: 5 days
The complex nature of an airport requires managers to have the capacity to resolve multifaceted issues.
The Airport Communications and Public Relations course will introduce participants to the basic principles of management, public relations and communication in an airport context. They will also explore the underlying developments that has shaped the communications and PR industry that we know today.
Participants will learn about the framework and principles to create strategic communication messages that are aligned to the organizational mission and vision.
Upon completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the mission and communication plan of your organization.
- Identify the needs and culture of key stakeholders and target populations.
- Recognize legislations that may apply to communication interventions.
- Understand the process and needs of different media.
- Define, develop and deliver more effective messages.
- Prepare and deliver a press conference.
- Prepare an interview (live or recorded).
- Managing public consultations and community relations.
- Preparing the digital tools of your organization.
- Prepare your organization for Web 2.0 and mobile coverage.
- Apply a crisis management model for communications in exceptional or sensitive situations.
- Understand emerging trends and special issues in airport communication.
- Airport communication managers or specialists
- Airport International Relations managers
- Project managers of large or sensitive airport projects
- Airport General Manager/ Executive Director
- Airport Operations Directors, Managers, Officers and Staff
- Airport Environment Directors, Managers, Officers and Staff
- Civil Aviation Authority Officials
- Airport managers that have direct contact with the public or the press
* This course can be taken as an elective for the Airport Management Professional Accreditation Programme (AMPAP)