Professional Certificate Course
Duration: 3 days
Airport’s today are market-driven requiring a business-oriented organization. This course examines all aspects of business performance, from development of the organization’s strategic plan through air service development, aeronautical fee management, and commercial revenue maximization to management and control of both capital and operational programs.
Upon completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the market, competitive, and business organizational challenges faced by airports.
- Know the importance of driving all aspects of airport planning, operations, marketing and capital development from the foundation of a sound strategic plan.
- Analyse how an effective air service development program will contribute to growth and enhanced services to passengers and cargo operators.
- Review the structure and level of aeronautical fees to determine if they are consistent with ICAO recommended practices, adjusted for local conditions to optimize airline revenue outcomes and manage related service levels.
- Effectively plan for concession and other non-aeronautical revenue programs to deliver optimal revenues.
- Describe the challenges and demands faced by airports to deal with evolving airline business models (e.g. low-cost carriers, premium service providers).
- Explain how effective facility planning and capital program management can contain costs while delivering appropriate levels of service for each market segment.
- Airport General Manager/ Executive / Finance / Commercial / Development Director and staff
- Airport Consultants
- Airlines/other business partners (cargo / airport service providers, concession managers, etc.)
- Driving from the top – the importance of strategic planning and action
- Air service development to maximize service
- Managing aeronautical revenues
- Using level of service to guide facility and operational planning
- Effective management of full-service, LCC, and premium airline operations
- Managing the capital and operational programs through airport investment life cycle
- Integrating business and people-management elements into an overall strategy