ASQ Awards Categories
For the 2018 awards year, we have made some changes reflect the increasingly dynamic airports industry.
The ASQ Departures Survey has three major changes being put into effect, including a new scoring system, new category definitions of the existing awards and new awards being launched. In 2019, the winning airports will be based on percentages, whereby airports in the top 20th percentile will be recognized. In addition, new specific categories have been added that will recognize the top 5 per cent achieving airports in these categories.
In 2019, there will be 40 combinations/categories of awards. The estimated number of airports to potentially qualify for the top 20%, per size category (six size categories) is approximately 64 airports globally:
- Top 20% of Africa per size and region
- Top 20% Asia-Pacific per size and region
- Top 20% Europe per size and region
- Top 20% Latin America and Caribbean per size and region
- Top 20% Middle East per size and region, and
- Top 20% North America per size and region.
Region sizes based on annual passenger numbers:
- under 2 million passengers per annum
- 2 to 5 passengers per annum
- 5 to 15 passengers per annum
- 15 to 25 passengers per annum
- 25 to 40 passengers per annum
- more than 40 passengers per annum.
ACI World is also introducing three new awards to the Departures Survey. These awards will represent the top 5% across the world versus region specific.
- Best Airport environment and ambience
- Best Airport customer service, and
- Best Airport infrastructure and facilitation.
The fourth and final change is the addition of a new ASQ Arrivals Award, based on the ASQ Arrivals survey programme. For this award, there will only be one airport winner which will be awarded based on the overall satisfaction score.
To be eligible for the annual ASQ awards, an airport must have participated in the ASQ Survey every month of the year. The survey must be carried out in strict accordance with the airport’s sample plan, developed by ACI, which guarantees a representative sample of the flights, destinations and passenger groups served by the airport. ACI regularly audits participating airports to ensure compliance and to validate the results.
Size of each participating airport must be finalized before the release of Quarter 1 results in the respective year.
If you would like more information on how your airport can be part of the global ASQ network and be eligible for an annual ASQ award, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org.