Senior Manager, Human Resources (14 month maternity leave replacement)
- Position Title: Senior Manager, Human Resources (14 month maternity leave replacement)
- Department: Human Resources
- Reports to: Deputy Director General
- Location: Montreal, Quebec
I. Areas of Responsibility:
- Oversee the implementation of the organizational policies, and procedures in line with organizational objectives
- Responsible for implementation and maintenance of Ceridian Dayforce HCM
- Develop ACI staff training programme and manage staff HR training budgets
- Develop, update and oversee Internship Programme
- Develop update and oversee Secondment Programme
- Proactively identify issues in processes/procedures and suggest improvements
- Evaluate and manage the performance review process which includes the monitoring of staff on an on-going basis and leading the bi-annual performance review process. Ensuring that the process is completed in a timely manner.
- Maintain confidentiality and accuracy of appropriate documentation throughout employment history for all employees
- Support/coach Heads of Department and Managers, ensuring effective people management
- Act as “go to person” for questions or concerns from staff
- Coordinate and support the annual cost and competitive review of the organization’s group health insurance benefits and pension programs (GRSP).
- Maintain the internal salary banding structure for new and current positions – initiating updates as necessary
- Coordinate the salary increase process ensuring fairness and equity are maintained and salary grids are respected
- Ensure timely completion of required Provincial and Federal governmental reporting, to minimize liability risks to the organization.
- Manage Payroll preparation in coordination with Financial Controller
- Manage the ACI Employee OPUS benefit subsidy programmes
- Other duties as assigned
- Consult with Hiring Managers to review staffing requirements and determine best strategy for strategic sourcing
- Oversee all immigration activities with support from external immigration lawyers
- Coordinate relocation to Montreal for internationally recruited employees
- Provide recruiting support for new and replacement positions at all levels of the organization, from position analysis and design through interviewing, testing and selection processes.
- Perform reference and criminal background checks
- Salary negotiations and contract preparation
- Coordinate effective and efficient onboarding and orientation programs for all new staff
- Supervise office services such as administrative support, facilities management, and reception
- Manage and implement administrative policies, systems and procedures where applicable
- Manage office supply budgets for the company’s overall administration.
- As assigned, participate in project management for organizational projects.
II. Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field (e.g. Human Resources, Labour Relations, Management)
- Minimum 5-8 years Human Resources experience
- Experience managing Ceridian Dayforce HCM platform
- Proven management and leadership skills and demonstrated ability to establish strong relationships with leaders at all levels
- Demonstrated experience with recruitment and talent management disciplines
- Solid understanding of Canadian/Quebec labour and employment law
- Knowledgeable and skilled in applying HR policies and practices in a pragmatic and effective manner
- Effective written and verbal communication skills as well as presentation skills.
- Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary and fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and team player with a positive attitude
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
- Strong skills leveraging applicant tracking and LinkedIn Recruiter
- Above average technical ability (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, VISIO)
III. ACI World Values:
- Member focus
Interested applicants should submit their CV and cover letter directly to email@example.com