Manager, Airport IT
- Position Title: Manager, Airport IT
- Department: Security, Facilitation and IT
- Reports to: Senior Manager, Airport IT
- Location: Montreal, Quebec
Airports Council International (ACI) is the only global trade association of the world’s airports. ACI`s mission is to advance the collective interests, and act as the voice of the world`s airports and the communities they serve and promote professional excellence in airport management and operations. ACI engages with governments and international organizations, most notably the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), develops standards, policies, and recommended practices for airports, and provides training and technical assistance.
ACI is looking for a Manager, Airport IT.
The ideal candidate:
- Is a subject-matter expert on airport or aviation information technology and data
- Possesses a good understanding of cybersecurity best practices
- Has experience with data modelling and open data standards
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Enjoys travelling internationally and dealing with multiple stakeholders
- Is proactive, member focused, professional and an excellent team player
The position is based in Montreal, the world’s international hub for aviation and aerospace organizations. It offers candidates an exciting opportunity to work in a global environment to support the world’s airports, help shape the future of airport technology and data exchange, deliver knowledge, best practices and tools for the broader aviation community.
About this opportunity:
The Manager, Airport IT, along with providing subject-matter expertise, will be coordinating and supporting ACI IT committees and working groups, in particular on data exchange and cybersecurity.
- Manage the Aviation Community Recommended Information Services (ACRIS) portfolio including coordination of activities of the ACRIS Working Group, liaison with third parties, assisting with data modelling and strategy, identification of training and assistance needs;
- Manage ACI’s Cyber Security portfolio including coordination of task force, review and assistance with development of best practices, development and promotion of ACI policies;
- Identify and monitor airport technologies trends and developments;
- Assist with development of guidance materials on the deployment and use of airport technologies;
- Promote ACI’s products and standards across the aviation community;
- Coordinate work with ACI’s partners such as IATA, and represent ACI’s positions with global regulatory bodies;
- Prepare and deliver written and oral presentations;
- Support the ACI Security, Facilitation and IT team at meetings and events.
Technical knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Strong technical understanding of current and emerging trends and technologies such as artificial intelligence, IoT, autonomous vehicles, digital transformation;
- Understanding of Cyber Security threats, risks, frameworks and best practices;
- Good knowledge of data modelling, open data standards, APIs and app development
- At least two years’ experience in airport IT or aviation related IT;
- Advanced skills in creating and maintaining technical and business documentation;
- Visionary mindset and experience with innovative projects;
- Excellent written and spoken English;
- Able to produce documentation in a clear and concise manner;
- Pro-active, collegial, tactful, diplomatic and discreet in all dealings;
- Self-starting and able to drive own agenda;
- Ability to communicate in a welcoming, effective and dynamic manner;
- University degree in technical or Business Administration;
- Supplementary aviation or airport-related professional qualification beneficial
Should this position interest you, please send your resume and cover letter (including salary expectations) to email@example.com.