Third ACI Customer Experience Global Summit open for registration
Summit will be held in Europe for the first time hosted by Kraków Airport
Montreal, 6 February 2020 – Airports Council International (ACI) World has today announced that registration for the third annual ACI Customer Experience Global Summit is now open.
To be held under the theme “Expectation and Beyond”, this year’s event will be held in Kraków, Poland from 7-10 September, hosted by Kraków Airport. It will be the first time that the event is being held in Europe.
The ACI Customer Experience Global Summit brings together industry leaders to discuss the importance of customer experience as a business priority as airports pursue innovation in customer experience to provide a competitive edge.
The event is in four main segments: an international Airport Service Quality (ASQ) Training and Forum, the Customer Excellence Global Summit, the annual ASQ Awards ceremony, and the newly established Airport Customer Experience Accreditation programme ceremony.
“Airports have recognized that delivering a high-quality customer experience is an important business tool in an increasingly competitive industry,” ACI World Director General Angela Gittens said. “Today’s travelers are demanding customized services based on their specific needs and requirements, and airports are adopting new technology and streamlining their processes to deliver experiences that go above and beyond customer expectations.
“The Summit is one of the most important dates on the international aviation calendar for airports and their partners. It provides an invaluable resource to help them understand and meet the ever-changing needs of their customers by exploring trends in passenger experience.”
Kraków Airport CEO Radosław Włoszek said that hosting the third ever Customer Experience Global Summit is a great honour for Kraków Airport.
“All of us at Kraków Airport are looking forward to welcoming delegates to our beautiful city filled with history, culture and tradition for this important event on the industry calendar,” he said. “Customer experience is a priority for all airports, and we continue to push for even better customer service standards and scores at Kraków.
“We are proud to have been recognized through ASQ Awards and as part of the Airport Customer Experience Accreditation programme and anticipate excellent discussion and debate on this crucial issue for our industry.”
ACI’s Airport Service Quality programme operates globally, helping airports improve and excel in customer experience and satisfaction. ASQ provides airports with a 360-degree view of customer experience management with a unique suite of solutions. ASQ helps close to 400 airports worldwide to manage and deliver the best experience for their customers, based on a proven expertise in airport operations, marketing research and customer experience management and delivery.
Notes for editors
- Registration is now open and available through the event website.
- Airports Council International (ACI), the trade association of the world’s airports, was founded in 1991 with the objective of fostering cooperation among its member airports and other partners in world aviation, including the International Civil Aviation Organization, the International Air Transport Association and the Civil Air Navigation Services Organization. In representing the best interests of airports during key phases of policy development, ACI makes a significant contribution toward ensuring a global air transport system that is safe, secure, efficient and environmentally sustainable. As of January 2020, ACI serves 668 members, operating 1979 airports in 176 countries.
- Kraków Airport is the biggest regional airport in Poland, projected to serve over 8 million passengers in 2019. Kraków Airport’s route network includes 150 direct connections to 4 continents (Europe, Asia, North America and Africa), offered by 24 carriers. It is one of the fastest-growing airports in Europe in the segment of airports serving between 5 and 10 million passengers. Kraków Airport is a member of Airport Council International. In 2017, it won ASQ Awards 2016 from Airport Council International for the improvement of customer service quality, and a UBM nomination for the World Routes Marketing Awards. Moreover in 2019 Kraków Airport has been accredited to Level 1 of the Airport Customer Experience Accreditation programme.
- More information on the ACI’s Airport Service Quality programme.
- More information on ACI’s Airport Customer Experience Accreditation programme.
Manager, External Relations and Special Events
Telephone: +1 514 373 1254
Telephone: +1 514 373 1200