World’s top airports celebrated at ACI Airport Service Quality Awards gala
ASQ awards and accreditation represent the highest customer experience accolade
Bali, 4 September 2019 – Airports Council International (ACI) World today celebrated the commitment of airports to customer experience excellence at its annual Airport Service Quality (ASQ) Awards ceremony and gala.
The awards ceremony was held during the Gala dinner of the second annual ACI Customer Experience Global Summit, this year taking place in Bali, Indonesia and hosted by PT Angkasa Pura I (Persero).
“The ASQ Awards represent the highest possible customer experience accolade for airport operators around the world,” said ACI World Director General Angela Gittens. “In an increasingly competitive environment, these airports have recognized that delivering stellar customer experience is an important business tool.
“Tonight, amongst global peers, we celebrate the commitment of airports worldwide to meeting and exceeding the evolving needs of customers under one airport community.”
ACI’s The Airport Service Quality (ASQ) customer experience group provides airports with a 360-degree view of customer experience management with a unique suite of solutions. ACI helps close to 400 airports worldwide to manage and deliver the best experience for their customers, based on a proven expertise in airport operations, marketing research and customer experience management and delivery.
ASQ DEPARTURES AWARDS
[table id=187 /]
NEW AWARD CATEGORIES
[table id=188 /]
ASQ ARRIVALS AWARD
[table id=189 /]
The Gala dinner also featured the inaugural ACI Airport Customer Experience Accreditation ceremony which recognized the first class of airports accredited in the recently launched ACI Airport Customer Experience Accreditation programme. The programme is the first and only customer experience accreditation in the aviation industry and provides member airports with a complete view of airport customer experience management. This multilevel certification guides airports to excellence in customer experience management.
“The key to providing and maintaining airport customer experience excellence is continual learning and improvement,” said Angela Gittens. “The goal of Airport Customer Experience Accreditation programme is not to simply complete each level, it is to evolve, excel and learn throughout the journey.”
As of July 2019, the accredited airports are:
- Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport (Mumbai, India)
- Incheon International Airport (Incheon, South Korea)
- Pattimura Airport (Maluku, Indonesia)
- Sultan Aji Muhammad Sulaiman International Airport (Balikpapan, Indonesia)
- I Gusti Ngurah Rai Airport (Denpasar, Indonesia)
- El Tari Airport (Kupang, Indonesia)
- Lombok International Airport (Lombok, Indonesia)
- Sam Ratulangi Airport (Manado, Indonesia)
- Adi Soemarmo Airport (Surakarta, Indonesia)
- Ahmad Yani Airport (Semarang, Indonesia)
- Juanda Airport (Surabaya, Indonesia)
- Sultan Hasanuddin Airport (Makassar, Indonesia)
- Kraków Airport (Krakow, Poland)
- Venice Marco Polo Airport (Venice, Italy)
- Vienna Airport (Vienna, Austria)
- Halifax Stanfield International Airport (Halifax, Canada)
- John F. Kennedy International Airport (New York, United States)
- Newark Liberty International Airport (Newark, United States)
- LaGuardia Airport (New York, United States)
- San Francisco International Airport (San Francisco, United States).
Notes for editors
- Airports Council International (ACI), the trade association of the world’s airports, was founded in 1991 with the objective of fostering cooperation among its member airports and other partners in world aviation, including the International Civil Aviation Organization, the International Air Transport Association and the Civil Air Navigation Services Organization. In representing the best interests of airports during key phases of policy development, ACI makes a significant contribution toward ensuring a global air transport system that is safe, secure, efficient and environmentally sustainable. As of January 2019, ACI serves 646 members, operating 1,960 airports in 176 countries.
- More information on the second annual ACI Customer Experience Global Summit.
- More information on the ACI’s Airport Service Quality programme.
- More information on ACI’s Airport Customer Experience Accreditation programme.
Manager, External Relations and Special Events
Telephone: +1 514 373 1254
Telephone: +1 514 373 1200