World aviation leaders headline inaugural ACI Global Summit dedicated to airport customer excellence
Montreal, 10 August 2018 – Airports Council International (ACI) World and Halifax International Airport Authority have today announced the line-up of distinguished keynote speakers from around the globe that will headline the inaugural ACI Customer Excellence Global Summit.
The event is dedicated to raising the bar in airport service excellence by helping airports in “delivering the best experience”. The programme for the event – which will take place in Halifax, Canada, between 10 and 13 September – includes senior speakers representing international organizations, airports and key stakeholders from across the world including:
- International Civil Aviation Organization;
- International Air Transport Association;
- Air Canada;
- Open Doors;
- Airports Company South Africa;
- Halifax International Airport Authority
- Airport International Group;
- Greater Toronto Airports Authority;
- Singapore Changi Airport;
- Aeroporti di Roma S.p.A;
- Port Authority of New York and New Jersey;
- Mumbai International Airport;
- ACI-North America;
- World Governing Board members of ACI World;
- Canadian Airports Council;
- ACI airport Members.
“This inaugural Customer Excellence Global Summit will bring together aviation leaders from around the world to debate and share best practices in the crucial area of airport service quality and customer experience,” said Angela Gittens, Director General, ACI World. “We have developed this event in response to our members’ ever-increasing global focus on customer service and growing appetite for knowledge about how they can improve the customer experience. Airports are taking a leading role in improving passenger experience as passengers are demanding higher levels of service.”
“It is truly an honour to have been chosen by ACI to host the inaugural Customer Excellence Global Summit at the new Halifax Convention Centre,” said Joyce Carter, President & CEO of Halifax International Airport Authority. “We look forward to welcoming and showcasing our region to delegates from around the globe while providing the opportunity for participants to experience Nova Scotia’s renowned hospitality.”
Canada Transport Minister the Honorable Marc Garneau is set to open the conference via video. Two keynote speakers, Shashank Nigam, Founder and CEO, SimpliFlying and Brian Shapiro, President, Shapiro Communications will share their insight on the importance of investing in the airport customer experience and on how the industry can modify its communication practices to help create better experiences for all.
The first two days of the event will be dedicated to ACI’s Airport Service Quality (ASQ) Programme training and the ASQ Forum. During the latter half of the event, delegates will address customer excellence challenges and opportunities including the return on experience, collaboration for the customer, management of customer satisfaction during emergencies and disruptions, passenger experience technology, smart investment, and services for passengers with disabilities.
The Summit will also include the ACI ASQ Awards gala, recognizing the top performers in passenger satisfaction in the opinion of passengers while they are travelling through an airport. The ASQ programme is the only such objective measurement and benchmarking survey and is a valuable tool for the global airport community.
Notes for editors
1. Airports Council International (ACI), the trade association of the world’s airports, was founded in 1991 with the objective of fostering cooperation among its member airports and other partners in world aviation, including the International Civil Aviation Organization, the International Air Transport Association and the Civil Air Navigation Services Organization. In representing the best interests of airports during key phases of policy development, ACI makes a significant contribution toward ensuring a global air transport system that is safe, secure, efficient and environmentally sustainable. As of January 2018, ACI serves 641 members operating 1953 airports in 176 countries.
2. The full programme including all the activities taking place over the two-day Summit – as well as pre- and post- event activities is available. Spaces are limited and registration is available on a first come, first served basis.
3. ASQ is the only worldwide programme to survey passengers at the airport on their day of travel. Learn more about the ACI ASQ Programme which includes a full suite of customer experience solutions, including the employee, the arrival and the Commercial surveys. The ASQ Awards are presented to those airports whose customers have rated them the highest over the course of the year.
Telephone: +1 514 373 1223
Manager, External Relations and Special Events
Telephone: +1 514 373 1254