ACI announces 2016 Director General’s Airport Service Quality Roll of Excellence inductees
|Montréal, 1 August – ACI is pleased to announce the 2016 inductees into the ACI Director General’s Roll of Excellence. The honour recognizes those airports which, in the opinion of the passengers who participated in ACI’s Airport Service Quality (ASQ) Surveys, have consistently delivered excellence in customer service.|
The ACI ASQ Survey measures passengers’ appraisal of 34 key performance indicators on the day they travel, allowing airports to get an accurate picture of traveller sentiment. ASQ has been designed for airports of all sizes seeking to measure their passenger service performance and to benchmark it against other airports with the overarching objective of offering more effective, efficient and profitable ways to serve the flying public.
“Inclusion into the Roll of Excellence not only recognizes the pinnacle of customer service excellence, but a culture of continuous improvement in service to the traveling public at large,” said Angela Gittens, Director General, ACI World.
The ACI Director General’s Roll of Excellence identifies airports that have been ranked, in the top five airports by size or region for five of the last six previous years in the ASQ Survey. This year’s inductees are:
“I would like to congratulate Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam International Airport; Upington Airport; Wuhan Tianhe International Airport; and Jacksonville International Airport. They have outperformed time and time again and are testament to the consistent effectiveness of the ACI ASQ Survey,” concludes Gittens. A total of 33 airports have been inducted since 2011.
The ACI ASQ Survey, which has won universal recognition as the world-class benchmarking programme, has grown steadily since its inception in 2006. It has reliably captured passengers’ immediate appraisals from transportation to the airport through departure at the gate at more than 300 airports worldwide.
|Notes for editors|
|1. Airports Council International (ACI), the trade association of the world’s airports, was founded in 1991 with the objective of fostering cooperation among its member airports and other partners in world aviation, including the International Civil Aviation Organization, the International Air Transport Association and the Civil Air Navigation Services Organisation. In representing the best interests of airports during key phases of policy development, ACI makes a significant contribution toward ensuring a global air transport system that is safe, secure, efficient and environmentally sustainable. To learn more, please click here.|
2. ACI’s Airport Service Quality (ASQ) is the world-renowned and globally established benchmarking programme measuring passenger satisfaction while they are travelling through an airport. For more information on ASQ, please click here.
3. To view full list of Roll of Excellence including previous years, please click here.
4. To view the full list of the 2015 ASQ winners, please click here.
5. The 2016 Director General’s Airport Service Quality Roll of Excellence induction ceremony will take place at the 25th ACI Africa Annual General Assembly, Regional Conference and Exhibition in Maputo, Mozambique. For more information on this conference, please click here.
6. For a PDF of this media release, please click here.
Telephone: +1 514 373 1223
|– ENDS –|