ACI announces 2015 Director General’s Airport Service Quality Roll of Excellence inductees (REVISED)
Montréal, 22 April 2015 (REVISED) – Airports Council International (ACI) is pleased to announce this year’s inductees into the ACI Director General’s Roll of Excellence. The honour recognizes those airports which, in the opinion of the passengers who participated in ACI’s Airport Service Quality (ASQ) Surveys, have consistently delivered excellence in customer service.
To qualify for inclusion in the Director General’s Roll of Excellence, an airport must have been ranked on the ASQ Survey in the top five airports by size or region for five of the last six years. Since 2011, 27 airports have been inducted into the Roll of Excellence.
This year sees the following four airports join the elite group:
Indianapolis International Airport
Gimpo International Airport
Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport (Mumbai)
Delhi Indira Gandhi International Airport
“A focus on exceeding passenger expectations is crucial in the competitive global aviation industry. These four Airport Service Quality Roll of Excellence inductees have taken steps to ensure they are going above and beyond in this regard. I would like to congratulate Indianapolis International Airport; Gimpo International Airport; Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport; and Delhi Indira Gandhi International Airport for their commitment to serving passengers; they are a testament to the effectiveness of the ASQ Survey, which gives airports the actionable intelligence they need to help improve passenger service from curbside to boarding,” said Angela Gittens, Director General, ACI World.
ACI’s ASQ Survey, which has won industry recognition as a world-class benchmarking programme, has grown steadily since its inception in 2006. The ACI ASQ Survey has reliably captured passengers’ immediate appraisals from transportation to the airport through departure at the gate at more than 300 airports worldwide.
For a complete list of Roll of Excellence inductees from previous years, please visit https://aci.aero/Airport-Service-Quality/ASQ-Awards/ACI-Director-Generals-Roll-of-Excellence.
Notes for editors
1. Airports Council International (ACI), the trade association of the world’s airports, was founded in 1991 with the objective of fostering cooperation among its member airports and other partners in world aviation, including the International Civil Aviation Organization, the International Air Transport Association and the Civil Air Navigation Services Organisation. In representing the best interests of airports during key phases of policy development, ACI makes a significant contribution toward ensuring a global air transport system that is safe, secure, efficient and environmentally sustainable.
2. The ASQ Survey covers 34 key service areas and includes eight major categories such as access, check-in, security, airport facilities, food and beverage, retail and more. All participating airports use the same survey questions, creating an industry standard set of responses that allows participants to track and analyze their performance, as well as benchmark results against airports across the globe. All participating airports can view the ASQ survey results of all other participating airports on a confidential basis.
Benchmarking allows participants to compare their airport’s performance against industry best practices. Through the use of key performance indicators, participants see where their airport under—and over—performs; where improvements are required; and where investment is most likely to deliver the biggest return.
Benchmarking offers a broad range of benefits, allowing participants to:
- get an independent perspective on performance;
- identify areas of opportunity;
- understand passengers’ needs, priorities and expectations;
- prioritize improvement opportunities;
- set and monitor performance expectations; and
- manage change effectively.
For more information about ASQ, please visit https://aci.aero/Airport-Service-Quality/ASQ-Home. To view details of the 2014 ASQ results, please visit https://aci.aero/Airport-Service-Quality/ASQ-Awards/Current-Winners.
3. The 2015 Director General’s Airport Service Quality Roll of Excellence induction ceremony will take place on Tuesday, 1 September 2015 in Panama City, Panama during the Gala Dinner of the ACI Latin America-Caribbean/World Annual General Assembly, Conference and Exhibition.
4. For a pdf version of this media release, please click here.
Director, Communications and Events
Telephone: +1 514 373 1200
Telephone: +1 514 373 1200